fredag 11. februar 2011

Kokosis for ismaskin


Denne må nok prøves:

Dairy-Free Coconut Cacao Ice Cream

Coconut Cacao Ice Cream
Coconut Cacao Ice Cream

I seriously cannot rave enough about my new Cuisinart 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker. It has literally changed my life!  Ciao Bella coconut sorbet used to be a rare treat (at $5+ a pint), but now I can enjoy my own homemade dairy-free coconut ice cream anytime for the cost of a can of coconut milk.  How awesome is that?

First though, I have to apologize for not posting last week.  After a little bike spill over the 4th of July weekend I’ve ended up with one hand in a splint and have not been motivated to hunt & peck on my laptop keyboard until I started feeling better.  Nor have I been able to cook!  Luckily my husband has been extremely helpful, and I am especially grateful to him for all the cooking & dish-washing (even the juicer!) he’s done the last couple of weeks.  This recipe is so easy, however, I can make it with one hand.

To use the ice cream maker, make sure the freezer bowl is frozen solid (I keep it in the freezer for whenever I’m in the mood to make some frozen delights).  Leave it in the freezer until you’ve prepared your ingredients:

1 can coconut milk (not lite)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup agave nectar
Cacao nibs for sprinkling
Fresh berries for garnish

First, if you are using dried coconut, soak it in water for a few hours to soften it up.  When you are ready to make the ice cream, drain the coconut and mix it in a bowl with the coconut milk and agave nectar.  Assemble and turn on the ice cream maker, and pour the mixture into the machine.  Then sit back and let the machine do its work.  It will be ready in about 25-30 minutes.  When it is thick and icy and holds together while the machine churns, it is ready.



Sprinkle with some cacao nibs and fresh berries, and serve immediately.  You can freeze the leftovers (in a separate container, not in the freezer bowl!), but they will be pretty solid, so you need to take it out and let it thaw a bit before you dig in.  So easy and inexpensive, you can afford to make a fresh batch whenever you want!  Enjoy, and stay cool:)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Jeg blir glad for alle kommentarer, både ris og ros :)

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.